FCI-Standard Akita Inu № 255/02.04.2001/GB (ПРОЧЕСТЬ РУССКУЮ ВЕРСИЮ)
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF THE ORIGINAL VALID STANDARD: 13.03.2001.ORIGIN: Japan.
UTILIZATION: Companion Dog.
CLASSIFICATION FCI: Group 5 (Spitz and primitive type). Section 5 (Asian Spitz and related breeds.) Without Working trial.
GENERAL APPEARANCE: Large-sized dog, sturdily built, well balanced and with much substance; secondary sex characteristics strongly marked, with high nobility and dignity in modesty; constitution tough.
IMPORTANT PROPORTIONS: The ratio of height at withers to length of body (from the point of the shoulders to the point of the buttock) is 10:11, but the body is slightly longer in bitches than in dogs.
BEHAVIOUR AND TEMPERAMENT: The temperament is composed, faithful, docile and receptive.
- Skull: The size is in proportion to the body. The forehead is broad with distinct furrow. No wrinkle.
- Stop: Defined.
- Nose: Large and black. In case of white coat, flesh colour permitted.
- Muzzle: Moderately long and strong with broad base, tapering but not pointed. Nasal bridge straight.
- Jaws/Teeth: Teeth strong with scissor bite.
- Lips: Tigh.t
- Cheeks: Moderately developed.
- Eyes: Relatively small, almost triangular in shape due to the rising of the outer eye corner, set moderately apart, dark brown: the darker the better.
- Ears: Relatively small, thick, triangular, slightly rounded at tips, set moderately apart, pricked and inclining forward.
NECK: Thick and muscular, without dewlap, in balance with head.BODY:
- Back: Straight and strong.
- Loin: Broad and muscular.
- Chest: Deep, forechest well developed, ribs moderately well sprung.
- Belly: Well drawn up.
- Shoulders: moderately sloping and developed.
- Elbows: Tight.
- Forearms: Straight and heavy boned.
HINDQUARTERS: Hindlegs well developed, strong and moderately angulated.
- FEET: Thick, round arched and tight.
- GAIT: Resilient and powerful movement.
HAIR: Outer coat harsh and straight, undercoat soft and dense; the withers and the rump are covered with slightly longer hair; the hair on tail is longer than on the rest of the body.
COLOUR: Red fawn, sesame (red fawn hairs with black tips) brindle and white. All the above mentioned colours except white must have a urajiro (urajiro = whitish coat on the sides of the muzzle, on the cheeks, on the underside of jaw, neck, chest, body and tail and on the inside of the legs).
SIZE: Height at the withers: Dogs 67 cm. Bitches 61 cm There is a tolerance of 3 cm more or less.
Faults: Any departure from the foregoing points should be considered a fault and the seriousness with which the fault should be regarded should be in exact proportion to its degree.
Bitch dogs/doggy bitches.
Undershot or overshot mouth.
Iris light in colour.
Markings on white background.
Ears not pricked.
Long hair (shaggy).
N.B.: male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.